Welcome to EM STUDIO's Blog (formerly known as The Boudoir Maven). We specialize in classy & beautiful boudoir photography, as well as headshots and glamour photography. We believe every woman is uniquely beautiful and deserves to feel that way. A photo shoot with us will leave you feeling as confident, sexy and beautiful as you truly are! Please visit our website at www.erinmichellestudio.com for more information.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Denver, Colorado Boudoir Photographer: Ms. Abby and Our Big TV Debut

When I was in 4th grade I decided I wanted to be an actress when I grew up. I was in tons of plays at the local community theater in Pennsylvania, and even won an award for my portrayal of Scout in To Kill A Mockingbird. I was a pretty shy kid, but when I got on stage, I just LOVED it.

As I got older though, my shyness and fear of failure (trying out for a part is scary!) stopped me from acting and I gave up my dream of being in the movies someday. I still am somewhat obsessed with Hollywood and know who everyone is and what their working on, but now that I'm older I also know the movies are not as glamorous as they seem. Long hours on set, waiting around doing nothing...doesn't sound like too much fun.

Still, when a former client and friend offered me the chance to be on Channel 7 news, I was pretty psyched. I put a lot of thought into my outfit, got the house and studio all spiffed up and I was excited/ nervous. As most of you probably know, they were featuring me and my team on their Veteran's Day program. We had given away a free shoot, including hair and makeup, to Abby whose fiance is overseas in Okinawa. Channel 7 wanted to film us getting Abby ready and photographing her and talk about us giving back to the military.

When our cameraman arrived, he immediately began filming. And he filmed for over 4 hours. By the end, we were all exhausted, and we hadn't even done the actual shoot yet! All of us were amazed to watch the 4 hours of shooting the same things over and over again from different angles narrowed down to about 60 seconds on the news. The world of television truly is an amazing thing! But the story came out great and it was a fun process.

So thank you to Channel 7 news, especially Dayle Cedars. Thank you to Jessica for setting it all up. Thank you to Abby and her best friend Brittany for being troopers and hanging out with us for 4 hours. And THANK YOU to my amazing team, Lindsay Schneider and Melina Ayala, neither of which ended up in the story, but who gave their time and skills to the shoot.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the day, as well as a link to the TV clip in case you missed it ;)

*I just want to point out that Melina and Lindsay both had to leave so they did not get to touch up Abby's makeup or hair throughout the day. So the beautiful makeup and hair you see here lasted over 4 hours...now THAT'S pretty amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers